In case if you visit our Fundation’s website, one of our websites connected with projects that we do or our social media fanpages on platforms like Facebook, Twitter or Youtube, we may process your personal data.
We assure you that we care about a security of your data and we make every possible effort to respect your rights. We process personal data according to the provisions of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation; hereinafter: GDPR).
Who is a Data Controller?
“Pro Futuro Theologiae” Fundation with its registered office in Torun, Poland, address: Gagarina street no 37, 87-100 Torun, Poland, entered into Register of Associations, Other Social and Professional Organisations, Foundations and Public Health Care Institutions, maintained by the District Court of Torun, VIIth Commercial Division of the National Court Register under No 0000533493, NIP (tax number) 9562309411, is a data controller of your personal data.
How can you contact a data controller?
A contact with a data controller is possible via:
• mail, by sending a letter to the Fundation’s address – Gagarina street no 37, 87-100 Torun, Poland,
• electronic mail, by sending a message to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the legal basis of processing your personal data?
1) Visiting our websites
If you visit our website, we may process your personal data in connection with our use of cookie files on our website and we may store personal data concerning entering and using a website (logs), such as your IP address, data about a device that you use, as well as statistical data regarding your activity on a website.
In such a case, the legal basis for processing of your personal data is the provision of article 6.1.f) of the GDPR, stating that processing personal data is allowed when it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller . Our legitimate interest is connected with the need to control the traffic on our website, prevent technical errors and bugs, ensure site security, collect statistical data or prevent abuse and violations of law within the application.
2) Contacting us via e-mail, contact form or phone
If you use a contact form published on our website and you send us a message via this form or you contact us by a phone or via an e-mail, by using contact details presented on our website, we process your personal data (especially data indicated in a contact form, e-mail message or given during a phone conversation) in order to answer your question and contact you back. The necessity to process your personal data in order to answer your question and contact you constitutes our legitimate interest, and the legal basis for data processing in this regard is the provision of article 6.1.f) of the GDPR.
3) Receiving support from our Fundation
Some of our projects may create the possibility, for persons who are witnesses or victims of crimes, to receive support from our Fundation. Therefore, you can report to the Fundation that you have a knowledge about a committed crime or ask for any help concerning exercising your rights. In this regard, we may process special categories of personal data, such as data on religious or philosophical beliefs. In this case, we will ask you for a separate consent to process such data. The legal basis for their processing is the provision of article 9.2.a) of the GDPR in connection with the provision of article 6.1.a) of the GDPR.
4) Subscribing our mailing list
If you subscribe to our mailing list, the legal basis for processing personal data in this regard is your specific consent. Consequently, we process your personal data on the basis of article 6.1.a) of the GDPR, which states that the processing of personal data is lawful if the data subject has given a consent connected with processing of his or her personal data, for one or more specific purposes.
5) Processing our data in connection with using our fanpages on social media
We may also process your personal data if you visit one of our fanpages on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter. In such a case, we may process your data, such as name, surname, photo (your picture in a given social network), or the content of a comment you leave within our fanpage. We can also present you ads within such a social platform, in accordance with the regulations stated in the terms and conditions of a social media platform. The legal basis for data processing in this regard is the provision of article 6.1.f) of the GDPR, which indicates the possibility of processing personal data when it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by a third party.
Consent for cookies
Regardless of the provisions mentioned above, we can ask you for a consent concerning saving cookie files on your device. Such a consent may be given in accordance with the provisions of the Polish Telecommunications Law and relates to the storage of information or access to information already stored in the user’s telecommunications equipment. A consent may be also expressed by using appropriate settings of a software installed on the user’s device or via configuration of Internet services. This means that such a consent may be expressed e.g. by appropriate web browser settings (the application used to browse Internet). It may be also withdrawn at any time in this way. A detailed way how you may change these settings may depend on the software you use.
Who we share your personal data with?
In order to provide you with the ability to use our services, we use support of some external companies. Therefore, personal data that we process may be transferred to a provider of website hosting services: SP TECH SOLUTIONS spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Toruń.
Within our website we also use Google Analytics to monitor and analyse traffic. This means that we transfer some of users’ personal data to Google Ireland Ltd. and Google LLC – a company based in Mountain View, California. Therefore, we may save Google Analytics’ cookies on your device in accordance with the cookie provisions set out above. The legal basis for transferring data to the USA is the participation of Google LLC in the Privacy Shield program, according to the information posted on www.privacyshield.gov.
In addition, if you visit one of our fanpages on social media platforms, your personal data will also be processed by:
1) if you use Facebook - Facebook Inc. with its registered office in California, USA and Facebook Ireland Ltd - these entities process your personal data if you have an active Facebook account. Facebook Inc. is a participant of the Privacy Shield program: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active. Facebook Ireland Ltd is subject to Irish law and is obliged to obey EU law on the processing of personal data,
2) if you use Twitter - Twitter Inc. based in California, USA - this entity processes your personal data if you have an active Twitter account. Twitter Inc is a participant of the Privacy Shield program: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TORzAAO&status=Active
3) if you use YouTube - Google Ireland Limited, an entity governed by Irish law.
Duration of data processing
We store your personal data only as long as we actually need it, and after that we delete it. Therefore, we can inform you that:
1) if you are a person who entered our website, we process your personal data as long as you use the website and up to one year after your last visit on it,
2) if you are a person who wrote to us by using a contact form on our website or you contacted us by phone or via an e-mail - we process your personal data as long as contact between us and you lasts. After 3 months since the end of the message exchange, we delete the personal data that we obtained in this way,
3) if you have given us a consent to process your personal data, we process these data until you withdraw this consent or we end activities in relation to which such consent was collected,
4) if you are a person who visits our fanpages on social media - we process your data for up to two years since such a visit, unless you leave a comment or like our post - in this case we process your data as long as this comment or post is stored on a social media platform.
What rights do I have regarding the processing of my personal data?
In connection with processing your personal data, you have the right to:
a. request access to your personal data,
b. request rectification of your personal data,
c. request erasure of your personal data,
d. request restriction of processing your personal data,
e. request transferring your personal data, if a data processing is based on your explicit consent,
f. object to the processing of your personal data, if a data processing is based on the legitimate interest of the data controller,
g. withdraw your consent for processing your personal data at any time, if processing of your personal data is based on consent - which will not affect the correctness of data processing before the consent is withdrawn,
h. lodging a complaint to the supervisory authority - the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
We do not process your personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making based on profiling. Presenting advertisements via social media platforms is based solely on general criteria and is not linked to automatic decision making.
We may use two types of cookies:
Session cookies: cookies that are stored on your device during the time you use our website (they are deleted when you close your web browser). Session cookies enable the correct use of our website. Blocking them may result in encountering errors or prevent you from using our website.
Persistent cookies: they are stored on your device until they are deleted. They are used to analyse the traffic on our website and to associate your presence on the website with the social networks you use. We strive to use only the services of such entities that guarantee the security of your device, software and your data. This also applies to cookies used by these entities.
Please be aware that if you will block storing cookies on your device, the use of specific services provided by us may be limited, and in some cases may not be possible.